Why I Donít Waste Time with Conspiracy Theories
COPYRIGHT ©2019 - James M. Frye
All scripture quotations are taken from the Authorized King James Bible. Any deviations are not intentional. All underlines, bold and words within brackets are the author's.
For more articles on other issues, please visit our website at: www.seekingfortruth.com .
This article may be duplicated (or printed) for distribution provided that no changes are made to it and the
Above copyright remains intact. It may be distributed only in its original form, unedited, and free of charge.
1. All of the treasures of wisdom and knowledge we need to know about are hidden in Christ alone, and believers are complete in Him alone.
Colossians 2:3 In whom are hid ALL THE TREASURES OF WISDOM AND
Colossians 2:10 And YE ARE COMPLETE IN HIM, which is the head of all principality and power:
This means that we do not need to know about various conspiracy theories which are not in the Bible. We would be better off spending our time searching the scriptures in order to learn more about Christ through His word.
2. God has already given us ALL things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of God/Jesus contained in scripture.
2 Peter 1:2-3 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power HATH GIVEN UNTO US ALL THINGS THAT PERTAIN UNTO LIFE AND GODLINESS, THROUGH THE KNOWLEDGE OF HIM that hath called us to glory and virtue:
In other words, God has already given us in scripture all things we need to live a godly life. Therefore, we do not need to know about various conspiracy theories which are not in the Bible in order to do so.
3. God is in control of ALL THINGS, so we need not fear what man can do to us.
Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated
according to the purpose of him who WORKETH ALL THINGS after the counsel of his
Daniel 4:35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he DOETH ACCORDING TO HIS WILL in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?
Psalm 135:6 Whatsoever the LORD pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places.
Psalm 118:6 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?
4. We have, in scripture alone, all we need to be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be PERFECT, THROUGHLY FURNISHED UNTO ALL GOOD WORKS.
Since scripture is able to make us perfect, and we are thoroughly furnished by it alone to do all of the good works God has for us to do, the Bible is not lacking anything which must be supplied by conspiracy theories. All we need to live the Christian life perfectly is in scripture.
5. The cares of this world choke and distract from the word of God in a person's life so that it becomes unfruitful. One of Satan's great tools is distraction, to get a person's eyes off of Jesus Christ where they ought to be.
Hebrews 12:2 LOOKING UNTO JESUS the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Mark 4:19 And the CARES OF THIS WORLD, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, CHOKE THE WORD, and it becometh unfruitful.
2 Corinthians 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for WE ARE NOT IGNORANT OF HIS DEVICES.
All of the time people waste reading about conspiracy theories could have been better used reading and studying scripture. The word of God will produced good fruit in a believerís life, but the cares of this world (including conspiracy theories) are a distraction which choke out the word and, therefore, produce unfruitfulness. †
6. The Bible tells us to rejoice, be thankful, and think on good things rather than worrying about bad ones.
Philippians 4:4, 6-8
4 Rejoice in the Lord
alway: and again I say,
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, THINK ON THESE THINGS.
7. Scripture admonishes us NOT to give heed to STRANGE (foreign to, not contained in, scripture) doctrines for they are unprofitable, but rather to speak that which is good to the use of edifying the hearers.
Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which
is good to the use of EDIFYING, that it may MINISTER GRACE unto the hearers.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and EDIFY one another, even as also ye do.
1 Timothy 1:4 Neither give heed to FABLES and endless genealogies, which minister questions, RATHER THAN godly EDIFYING which is in faith: so do.
Hebrews 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and STRANGE DOCTRINES. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have NOT PROFITED them that have been occupied therein.
8. Everything we need to know about the end-times is already contained in scripture alone. Most of these end-time speculations are connected with false doctrines which are contradicted by scripture. People would do better to become firmly established in the faith, the core doctrines of the Bible, and how the Bible says it is to be interpreted so that they will not be tossed to and fro by these deceptions of men.
Isaiah 8:20 To
the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is
because there is no light in them.
Acts 16:5 And so were the churches ESTABLISHED IN THE FAITH, and increased in number daily.
Ephesians 4:13-14 Till we all come in the unity of THE FAITH, and of the KNOWLEDGE of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be NO MORE children, TOSSED TO AND FRO, and carried about with EVERY WIND OF DOCTRINE, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.